I began my career as an Assistant United States Attorney in Los Angeles handling a broad array of federal cases in federal courts. I have practiced for many years handling among many other matters, white-collar crime cases, securities fraud cases, property matters, aviation cases, general business matters, business litigation and product liability defense.
University of Southern California Law School: Juris Doctor, 1968
- Many honors and high honors grades
- American Jurisprudence Award
University of California at Los Angeles: Bachelor of Science, 1965
- Adjunct University Instructor Business Law
2004- Present: Gary Giesler Attorney
- Practice includes State and Federal litigation, real property and development law, elder law, homeowner association law, business transactional law, business development, wealth protection and growth, administrative law, formation and structuring of businesses, civil litigation, arbitration/mediations and many other matters.
2001-2004: Morse, Giesler, & Callister, LLP, Pasadena CA/ Executive Partner
- Head of Civil Department. Civil practice included litigation, real property and development law, homeowner association law, business transactional law, business development, wealth protection and growth, administrative law, trusts and estates, tax law, formation and structuring of business entities.
1974-2000: Knapp, Marsh, Jones and Doran, Los Angeles/Senior Partner; Vice President and General Counsel to Turner Company, Los Angeles/Chicago.
- Public Agency law, federal white collar crime law, real property development law, real estate broker law, nationwide defense of bodily injury/property damage cases; federal litigation, homeowner associations, corporate law, securities litigation, general business and corporate litigation; labor law; labor negotiations.
1970-1973: Assistant United States Attorney Central District of California (Los Angeles)
- Responsible for a wide array of federal civil litigation, some criminal matters, fraud cases, environmental law, constitutional law cases, aviation litigation, airplane crash litigation and many other types of cases. Practiced both in U.S. District Court and U.S. Court of Appeals.
1967-1969: Captain U.S. Army, Bronze Star/ Vietnam